RELCO’s Internship Program provides an opportunity for individuals to gain experience with a global company, increase knowledge & skills in their area of interest, develop an understanding of the manufacturing industry in general, and build professional relationships.
RELCO is a well-established, manufacturing company with headquarters in Willmar, Minnesota. Since 1982, RELCO has been providing process technologies to over 500 cheese and dairy plants across the globe including: Cheese Systems & Equipment, Evaporators, Drying Systems & Components, Powder Handling Systems & Equipment and Aftermarket Solutions. We are committed to delivering projects on schedule and within budget to create long-term customer relationships. We focus on alternative thinking to ensure our customers experience superior results.
- Practice Company Operating Values of: Safety, Quality, Schedule, Budget, and Innovation
- Strong work ethic, highly motivated, self-starter
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Demonstrate consistent attendance
- Ability to work in a team and/or individually
- Eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Currently enrolled in an Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree program from an accredited college or University in a field related to the position which you are seeking (if seeking a business internship)
- Interest in welding career (if seeking a manufacturing or construction internship)
To apply for a paid summer internship, please submit letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Manufacturing Intern reports to and takes direction from the Manufacturing Manager/Area Lead Person.
- Perform the following tasks per company and customer requirements:
- TIG Welding
- Wire Welding
- Hand Peening (hammer)
- Peen Block/Back-up Block
- Fit Up/Tacking
- Hand Plasma Set-up and Operation
- Grinder Set-up and Capacities
- Use available manufacturing equipment to produce products in a safe manner, to required specifications and with efficiency.
- Accept drawings and use the information to assemble the component(s).
- Complete all paperwork involved with a project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform any manufacturing equipment operations safely and efficiently as required.
- Knowledge of blue print reading including basic lines and symbols.
- Ability to read and understand measuring equipment (tape measure & caliper).
- Perform metal finishing according to industry standards.
- Ability to take action on problems.
- Have general knowledge of manufacturing tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of power tools.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Be 16 years of age or older.
- Abide by Child Labor Laws.