The Timing Belt Drying System is designed to produce free flowing whey and permeate powders. Crystallized whey/permeate is feed to a tall form bustle dryer where it is atomized with spray nozzles. Partially dried powder falls to a lactose conversion (timing) belt conveyor where secondary crystallization takes place. Final drying and cooling is done in an external fluid bed.
FEATURES & benefits
- Tall form bustle dryer with vertical air distributor for even air distribution and efficient drying.
- Short nozzle lances that can be changed while in operation for 24/7 operation.
- Secondary crystallization “timing belt” allows for maximum crystallization prior to final drying, producing high quality powder.
- External fluid bed with directional screen for plug flow drying and cooling. Directional screen helps reduce short circuiting on start-up and shut down.
- Baghouses are utilized for dryer exhaust. Eliminating discharge concerns with a wet scrubber.
- System is supplied with a water deluge fire suppression and explosion protection.
- RELCO® Humidity Monitoring and Control System allows for dryer optimization in all ambient conditions.
- Dryer system is fully cleanable, with blanking plates to isolate the baghouses during CIP.